Seabourn Pursuit visiterà le calde destinazioni del sud Pacifico, nella regione di Kimberly, per il 2024
Seabourn, leader nei viaggi ultra-lusso e nei viaggi di spedizione, intraprenderà i suoi primi viaggi di spedizione nel Pacifico meridionale e nella regione del Kimberley nel 2024 a bordo del suo nuovissimo ultra- nave da spedizione di lusso, Seabourn Pursuit. Tra marzo e ottobre 2024, la nave viaggerà attraverso il Pacifico e visiterà una serie di isole e destinazioni dal clima caldo ricche di cultura, storia e bellezze naturali, con una ricca fauna selvatica. L’entusiasmante programma prevede soste in Papua Nuova Guinea, Micronesia, Guam, Isole Salomone, Vanuatu e Fiji, nonché i primi viaggi spedizione della compagnia nella regione del Kimberley, nel nord dell’Australia.
SEABOURN PURSUIT TO VISIT WARM-WEATHER DESTINATIONS DURING FIRST-EVER EXPEDITION SEASON TO SOUTH PACIFIC, KIMBERLEY REGION IN 2024
SEATTLE, Sept. 14, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Seabourn, the leader in ultra-luxury voyages and expedition travel, will embark on its first-ever expedition voyages to the South Pacific and the Kimberley region in 2024 on board its newest ultra-luxury expedition ship, Seabourn Pursuit. Between March and October 2024, the ship will journey across the Pacific and visit a number of islands and warm-weather destinations rich in culture, history and natural beauty, with abundant wildlife. The exciting schedule includes stops at Papua New Guinea, Micronesia, Guam, the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, and Fiji, as well as line’s first expedition voyages to the Kimberley region in northern Australia.
“I am so excited about these voyages because Seabourn Pursuit allows us to take our guests to completely different and truly fascinating parts of the world, where one can celebrate a combination of natural beauty and human culture,” said Natalya Leahy, president of Seabourn. “Our warm-weather expeditions in the South Pacific and Kimberley region will offer guests the opportunities to dive and snorkel over incredible intact coral reefs, visit friendly locals and explore historic sites. And, of course, guests will experience these bucket-list destinations in the comfort of our signature Seabourn ultra-luxury offerings and service.”
Seabourn Pursuit will offer a number of expedition experiences designed to immerse guests in the beauty and wonders of the destinations. Included expedition offerings such as Zodiac cruising, nature walks and hikes, scuba diving, and snorkeling will be available on most itineraries. In addition, the ship will offer optional expeditions with dives on two custom-built luxury submersibles and kayaking at select destinations. Led by a world-class expedition team of 24 experts, including scientists, scholars, naturalists, and more, guests will receive the highest level of knowledge and guidance throughout their Seabourn expedition voyage.
Seabourn Pursuit’s 2024 South Pacific and Kimberley itineraries include:
- The South Pacific from Chile to Melanesia – In March and April 2024 and again in September and October 2024, Seabourn Pursuit will sail between the islands of the South Pacific and the coast of Chile via a series of voyages of 14, 17, and 20 days, with combination voyages of up to 37 days also available. Voyage itineraries will offer guests a wealth of opportunities for adventure. Season highlights include:
- Exploring the remote Juan Fernandez Archipelago off the coast of Chile, where dramatic and rocky coastlines harbor pink-footed shearwaters and fur seals
- Spending time at Easter Island with travel to the quarry where volcanic rock was excavated to carve the haunting moai that look longingly from the island’s perimeter
- Visiting the remote and varied islands of the Pitcairn group across hundreds of miles of ocean; visiting Marae Taputapuatea on Ra’iatea Island in French Polynesia, an incredible destination once considered the most important religious site in the region
- Arriving ashore at the remote Yasawa Islands of Fiji to explore the incredible limestone formations of the Sawa-I-Lau Caves. Mysterious Ambrym Island and Pentecost Island of Vanuatu will also be featured for their incredible cultural experiences
- Complimentary expedition experiences include Zodiac cruising, scuba diving, snorkeling, and nature walks and hikes. Optional kayaking and submersible excursions will be available
- Papua New Guinea & West Papua, Indonesia – Seabourn Pursuit will operate a series of 15-day voyages to Papua New Guinea and West Papua, Indonesia in May and June and again in August and September 2024, with combination voyages up to 35 days also available. Some of the world’s most incredible snorkeling and diving wait at protected reefs off the mainland and islands surrounding Papua New Guinea and West Papua. Season highlights include:
- Warm welcomes from the village of Watam near the Ramu River, where traditional homes constructed of sago palm line the banks
- Front row seats for the sacred Baining Fire Dance at Rabaul under an active volcano on the island of New Britain
- Mixing with locals in the matrilineal society of the Trobriand Islands, where yams are a form of currency.
- A rare visit to the villages of the Asmat, where culture has remained relatively unchanged for generations, amid rivers that swell with the rising tide
- Exploration of the Misool, Wayag, and Gam Islands, part of Raja Ampat (“Four Kings”) of Indonesia, characterized by limestone rock formations called karsts that rise from the sea, and some of the most bio-diverse tropical waters on the planet.
- Complimentary expedition experiences include Zodiac cruising, scuba diving, snorkeling, and nature walks and hikes. Optional kayaking and submersible excursions will be available.
- The Kimberley – Seabourn Pursuit will offer six 10-day voyages in the Kimberley region between Broome and Darwin in June, July and August 2024. With ancient, otherworldly landscapes, wildlife from short-eared rock-wallabies to flying foxes, and Aboriginal culture that traces back some 50,000 years, the Kimberley is an experience all its own in northernmost Western Australia. Season highlights include:
- Visits to incredibly remote settings such as the Bungle Bungles, El Questro National Park, and the Ord River
- Exploration of King George Falls, dual waterfalls and the highest in Western Australia, and miles-long Zodiac rides through rivers and sandstone gorges crowded with incredible geological formations.
- Talbot Bay, offering once-in-a-lifetime viewing of the Horizontal Waterfalls, while incredible “boab” trees will provide backdrops for photography and local stories.
- Helicopter viewing of the Hunter River and the Kimberley en route to the triple falls of Mitchell Plateau.
- Montgomery Reef, an ancient and biologically rich reef formed some 1.8 billion years ago and recognized today as one of the most significant geological marine environments in the Kimberley.
- Visit Vansittart Bay, Jar Island and Freshwater Cove – As guests of the Traditional Landowners, view the aboriginal artwork of the Wandjina. Visit remote Islands with the intricate Bradshaw/Gwion Gwion Art.
- Complimentary expedition experiences include Zodiac cruising and nature walks and hikes.
Seabourn Pursuit entered service on August 12, 2023, and offers the same ultra-luxury small ship experience that travelers have come to expect from Seabourn, enhanced by world-class equipment that allows the line to explore the furthest corners of the world. Like its sister ship, Seabourn Venture, the ship is designed and built for diverse environments to PC6 Polar Class standards and will include a plethora of modern hardware and technology that will extend the ships global deployment and capabilities. Seabourn Pursuit has close to 30,000 square feet of deck space and special touches at every turn. Those include indoor and outdoor guest areas with nearly 270-degree views, and a 4K GSS Cineflex Camera mounted on the mast of the Constellation Lounge capable of broadcasting imagery from miles ahead on monitors located throughout the ship.
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury ocean and expedition travel and operates a suite of seven modern ships. The all-inclusive, boutique ships offer all-suite accommodations with oceanfront views; award-winning dining; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available at all times; renowned service provided by an industry-leading crew; a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel at home; a pedigree in expedition travel through the Ventures by Seabourn program and two new ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition ships, including Seabourn Venture that launched in 2022 and Seabourn Pursuit in 2023. Seabourn takes travelers to every continent on the globe, visiting more than 400 ports including marquee cities and lesser-known ports and hideaways. Guests of Seabourn experience extraordinary offerings and programs, including partnerships with leading entertainers, dining, personal health and wellbeing, and engaging speakers.
For more details about Seabourn, or to explore the worldwide selection of Seabourn cruising options, contact a professional travel advisor, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.